Extendicare Stoneridge Manor

Hiring: Frequently Asked Questions

1) What if I forget my password?

At the login stage click “Forgot Your Password?” Enter the same email address you used when establishing your username and password. Your username and password will be emailed to you.

2) What is the status of my application?

From the date the posting closes, the hiring manager needs time to review the applications and decide who will be interviewed. Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. In most cases, candidates being considered for interviewsshould be contacted within 10 to 14 days of the posting closing date.

3) If I apply more than once, do I have a better chance of getting the job?

No, please only send one application. Only one application will be sent to the hiring manager.

4) I see the word“FTE” in a posting. What does it mean?

An "FTE", or Full Time Equivalent, defines a particular position based on the hours it works as a percentage of the hours afull-time position in the same category would work. For example, if a full-time position in a particular job category works 80 hours per bi-weekly pay period, a position designated 0.5 of a FTE, would work half (50%) of the hours the full-time position works - 40 hours per bi-weekly pay period.

5) Do you hire Foreign Trained Nurses?

Yes, although primarily in our Alberta locations. If you are a Registered Nurse, you will need to contact the College and Association of Registered Nurses in the province of your choice to determine your eligibility for licensure. If you are a LicensedPractical Nurse, you will need to contact the College of Licensed Practical Nursesto determine your eligibility for licensure in the province of your choice. After you have confirmed your eligibility with your registering body, you will need to contact Extendicare Human Resources to discuss your immigration status and possibility of employment.

6) I am an out of province health care professional looking for work in another province. What do I need to know about licensing?

You will need to contact the chapter of your registering body in the province of your choice to determine your eligibility to work in that province. You may also need to provide a variety of documents as part of the application process.

7) If I am hired, what documentation may I be expected to provide?

  • A satisfactory criminal record check for employment which includes vulnerable persons, that is not more than six (6) months old.
  • Satisfactory documentation with respect to your Social Insurance Number (SIN).
  • If your position requires a registration orlicence, you will need to provide proof of current professional registration in the applicable province (e.g. CARNA, RNBC, CLPNA, etc.) if applicable to your position.
  • A void cheque along with payroll direct deposit information.
  • Completed TD1 and province-specific income tax forms.
  • A copy of your signed offer of employment letter.
  • Other documentation as required for employment purposes.

You may also need to provide a letter of portability from your previous employer, indicating dates of employment, final rate of pay, and total hours worked.

8) Is there any opportunity for relocation assistance?

This situation is dependent on the type of position you have been hired for, and where you are relocating from. You may raise this question during the hiring process.